We are looking for a Lecturer Impact in Value Chains
For our International Food & Agribusiness (IFA) programme we are looking for
Lecturer Impact in Value Chains
With experience in the international agri-food sector
Location ’s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands
The appointment is for 0.8 to 1 fte, initially for one year. We provide new lecturers with excellent support, in particular candidates without specific teaching experience and/or teaching qualification.
The 4-year Bachelor’s degree programme in International Food & Agribusiness offers an inspirational, international learning environment and focuses on the development of sustainable food systems worldwide, and more specifically on sustainable food and agribusiness in developing countries and emerging economies. IFA graduates, therefore, have practical business experience as well as detailed expertise in the field of increasing sustainability in supply chains. Moreover, they have basic technical knowledge in Primary production or Food processing and consumption, with a link to the development of a circular economy as related to the agri-food sector.
Details of the position
The successful candidate will:
- Give lectures, providing problem-based and project-based education in sustainable value chains, new business development and operational management
- Develop and provide training to industry professionals
- Support and coach students during their internationally oriented internships and graduation projects
- Contribute to the further development of the IFA curriculum and teaching programme, which is based on an interdisciplinary approach and in an international classroom
- Depending on your expertise and affinity, contribute as a consultant to external projects in the agribusiness sector, in the Netherlands and abroad
In this position, you will get the opportunity to guide and support smart and highly committed young people in the process of becoming the next generation of the international agri-food sector.
We are looking for:
- A hands-on mentality (or can do) and keen to explore new markets and commercial opportunities
- Experience in value chain development and operational management in an agri-food environment
- Experience with impact monitoring and assessment, preferably with an understanding of monetization
- Knowledge about transition and new business models
- An understanding of, and experience with, responsible business conduct and inclusive business models (with smallholders) in developing countries
- You have a broad national and international network which enables you to stay connected with the field and keeps you up to speed with developments;
- You will be working in an international and intercultural setting. Therefore, having excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a necessity.
If you recognize yourself, you are just the candidate we’re looking for and would like to invite you to apply for this position!
- Flexible: versatile, deployable in an international education setting and in projects
- Enthusiastic and inspiring for both students and colleagues
- Coordinating and project management skills
- A Team player
International candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
What do we offer?
- A diverse, dynamic. and independent position, with considerable opportunities for personal growth in a small and informal team, in which teamwork is highly appreciated.
- The salary for this position amounts to a monthly minimum of € 3,881.09 and a monthly maximum of € 5,332.48 (gross amounts based on full-time employment);
- This position is classified in scale 11 of the CAO HBO (collective labour agreement);
- You will receive compensation for health insurance;
- You will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and an 8% holiday allowance;
- You will also be awarded professional development hours every year and almost eleven weeks of holiday entitlements in a full-time position;
- Moving from abroad to the Netherlands? We provide support and financial reimbursements in the case of relocation and settling in the Netherlands. Dutch tax authorities may offer tax reductions to applicants from abroad (which makes tax rates comparable to the UK and US).
For more information regarding this vacancy, contact Marnix Wolters, lecturer and portfolio manager of external relations of IFA programme: +31 (0)88 890 3085.
For further information regarding the IFA study programme, visit our website: www.HAS.nl.
Applications and deadline
You should submit your application via our website www.HAS.nl/en/jobs no later than the 27th of June 2022.
The first interviews will take place on June 30th. The second interview on July 7th.
The HAS conducts a standard reference check after the second selective interview.